Available on iPhone & iPad
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Great app for learning some basics on the cello. I can play along kind of like guitar hero, except I’m learning as I play the game. It is pretty accurate as far a making me be on the right note (I pair it with a tuner to double check my accuracy). … I’ve looked around for other apps or computer games like this…this seems to be the only one, definitely the best cello app I have found. –Acoustic Fan175
Beginner cello students will love learning new songs with the PlayAlong Cello music app. The app listens to you play and guides you through the selected song, making practice time fun and easy!
LISTENS TO YOU PLAY
Have fun playing a REAL cello with a little help from your PlayAlong app:
- Listen to Song – touch the play button to listen to the song.
- Microphone – uses the microphone on your mobile device to listen to you play.
- Guide – a gold bar shows you the current note to play and guides you through the song.
- Instantly Responds – the gold bar moves to the next note or shows the wrong note in red.
- Hear a Note – touch any finger chart to hear the note played by cello.
- Record – listen to your performance or share with your music teacher, friends or family.
- Loop – allows you to play a song over and over uninterrupted.
PLAY 100’S OF SONGS
Practicing the cello is much more fun when you are playing your favorite songs. The app provides eight songs to get you started, and you can unlock over 250 songs through in-app purchases.
- 3 Song levels
- Easy – songs like “Hot Cross Buns”
- Intermediate – songs like “1812 Overture”
- Advanced – songs like “Danny Boy”
- Song Menu – over 250 classics, pop, classical, holiday, movie/TV songs and more!
- Scales – up to 15+ scales to help you master your cello
CHOOSE A DISPLAY LEVEL
Learning to play the cello can be challenging. Customize the display to fit your comfort level:
- Smart Charts – rewards your performance by turning off finger charts and note names after you master the song.
- Finger Charts – displays a fingering chart and note name under each note of the song.
- Note Names – displays the names under each note of the song.
- Staff Only – displays the sheet music for the song with just the notes on the staff.
TRACK & SHARE PERFORMANCE
The PlayAlong Cello app keeps track of each note played so you can easily see your progress:
- Your Score – displayed at the end of each song showing how many of each note are in the song and the number of each note played correctly on the first attempt.
- Cumulative Score – statistics of the total correct notes, consecutive correct notes, and the songs played correctly are available.
- History – shows the scores by date for each performance of the song you have played.
- Stats – provides a list of all available songs and those you’ve played, along with the highest score, total correct notes, and the number of consecutive correct notes.
- Game Center – compare your stats on the Leader Board.
- Email – share your score and recorded performance with your music teacher, friends and family.
CHOOSE A LISTENING MODE
PlayAlong Cello app provides two listening modes:
- Wait – the gold bar waits for you to play the correct pitch and duration to be able to move on to the next note. If you are playing a wrong note, it will appear in red.
- Manual – displays just the sheet music so you can play the song with your own interpretation or press the play button and play along with the app.
In the beginning, you may find some songs you would like to customize to your way of playing — higher, lower, slower or faster.
- Transpose Slider – Customize the pitch to your desired setting. The song’s notes, will adjust and the “play button” audio will all adjust to your selection.
- Tempo – adjust the song tempo so you can practice a song at a faster or slower pace.