Absolutely love this app! I’m a beginner clarinet player and right now I am making more progress using this app than with my music teacher. Love it and would recommend.– MadMax0368
This app was very helpful for learning the fingerings as well as how to read music.– Magazine Lover!
Finding this app was the best for my daughter and I. I have only ever invested in the school req book for myself. When my daughter decided to play clarinet, I was happy to dust mine off. This app helps us play together by having the same songs without sharing one book. We have in on both iPads and an iPod and iPhone. … I’ve recommended this app to many parents and students.– Jackie Spores
Beginner clarinet students now have fun as they practice and learn new songs! PlayAlong Clarinet listens to you play, guides you through the selected song and provides a proficiency score to help you improve.
LISTENS TO YOU PLAY
Have fun playing a REAL clarinet with a little help from your PlayAlong app:
- Listen to Song – touch the play button to listen to the song.
- Microphone – uses the microphone on your mobile device to listen to you play.
- Guide – a gold bar shows you the current note to play and guides you through the song.
- Instantly Responds – the gold bar moves to the next note or shows the wrong note in red.
- Hear a Note – touch any finger chart to hear the note played by a clarinet.
- Record – listen to your performance or share with your music teacher, friends or family.
- Loop – allows you to play a song over and over uninterrupted.
PLAY 100’S OF SONGS
Practicing the clarinet is much more fun when you are playing your favorite songs. The app provides eight songs to get you started, and you can unlock over 250 songs through in-app purchases.
- 3 Song levels
- Easy – songs like “Hot Cross Buns”
- Intermediate – songs like “1812 Overture”
- Advanced – songs like “Danny Boy”
- Song Menu – over 250 classics, pop, classical, holiday, movie/TV songs and more!
- Scales – up to 15+ scales to help you master your clarinet
CHOOSE A DISPLAY LEVEL
Learning to play a clarinet can be challenging. Customize the display to fit your comfort level:
- Smart Charts – rewards your performance by turning off finger charts and note names after you master the song.
- Finger Charts – displays a fingering chart and note name under each note of the song.
- Note Names – displays the names under each note of the song.
- Staff Only – displays the sheet music for the song with just the notes on the staff.
TRACK & SHARE PERFORMANCE
PlayAlong Clarinet keeps track of each note played so you can easily see your progress:
- Your Score – displayed at the end of each song showing how many of each note are in the song and the number of each note played correctly on the first attempt.
- Cumulative Score – statistics of the total correct notes, consecutive correct notes, and the songs played correctly are available.
- History – shows the scores by date for each performance of the song you have played.
- Stats – provides a list of all available songs and those you’ve played, along with the highest score, total correct notes, and the number of consecutive correct notes.
- Game Center – compare your stats on the Leader Board.
- Email – share your score and recorded performance with your music teacher, friends and family.
CHOOSE A LISTENING MODE
PlayAlong Clarinet provides two listening modes:
- Wait – the gold bar waits for you to play the correct pitch and duration to be able to move on to the next note. If you are playing a wrong note, it will appear in red.
- Manual – displays just the sheet music so you can play the song with your own interpretation or press the play button and play along with the app.
In the beginning, you may find some songs you would like to customize to your way of playing — higher, lower, slower or faster.
- Transpose Slider – Customize the pitch to your desired setting. The song’s notes, will adjust and the “play button” audio will all adjust to your selection.
- Tempo – adjust the song tempo so you can practice a song at a faster or slower pace.